– 5 green onions, minced
– 6 or 8 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 package firm low-fat tofu, well-drained, sliced and marinated in soy sauce
– 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
– 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper sauce (sambal oelek)
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
cooked brown rice
Cook onions and garlic in water or stock or vinegar until tender. Add marinated tofu and cook another 5-10 minutes. Stir in basil, chili pepper sauce and soy sauce and heat through. Serve over brown rice.
– 1 pound tofu, firm, cubed
– assorted veggies, broccoli, carrot, mushroom…
– flowerets, zucchini
– Rice Vinegar
– garlic powder 3/4 teas.
– garlic salt 1 teas.
– Marinate tofu in sauce mixture for one hour or more (preferably longer).
Braise tofu by adding some sauce mixture in frying pan and lay pieces flat in pan and then cook.
turn over half way through.
Cook tofu until liquid is pretty much gone.
Put it all together and eat.
– 1 lb of firm tofu
– 1 1/2 ts of fresh, grated ginger
– 1 t of roasted sesame oil
– 1 minced garlic clove
– 2 tb of tamari
– 1 1/4 c of water
– 1 1/2 tb of arrowroot
Slice the tofu into small rectangles of 1/4–1/2-inch thickness and place them in a shallow dish or baking pan.
Mix together the ginger, sesame oil, garlic, tamari and water.
Pour this mixture over the tofu and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
(If desired, the tofu may be placed in the refrigerator to marinate for several hours or overnight).
Remove the marinated tofu from the liquid, reserving the liquid to make the sauce.
Place the tofu on a well-oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375 deg for 35-40 minutes, or until the desired crispness is reached (the longer the tofu bakes the firmer and crisper it becomes).
To make the sauce, mix the arrowroot with the marinade.
Place the mixture in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Ginger Tofu may be served with or without the sauce.
With the sauce, serve it over a bed of rice, millet, buckwheat, or pasta.
Add your favorite stir-fried veggies and you have a colorful or nutritious meal.
Ginger Tofu may also be added to a vegetable stew.
Recipe from: MasterCook
Serving Size : 8
– 1 lb of firm tofu
– 1/4 c of orange juice
– 2 ts of low-sodium soy sauce
– Cold and Spicy Noodles, see recipe
Tofu, once pressed, grills beautifully.
Slice the block of tofu in half, then slice each half into four thick slabs. Place a double layer of paper towels on a cutting board set over the sink. Arrange tofu in one layer on the cutting board, then top with a clean dishtowel. Place a second board on top, then a 4 to 5 pound weight, such as a thick phone book or heavy pot. Let press 20 minutes.
Uncover tofu and place in one layer in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with orange juice and soy sauce. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
Broil or grill over hot coals until lightly browned, turning once. Serve with Cold and Spicy Noodles.
Recipe by MasterCook
Herbed Tofu In White Wine Sauce / Pasta Recipe
Serving Size: 1
– 2 T of soy margarine
– 1/2 T of flour
– 1/2 c of soy milk
– 1/2 c of white wine
– 1 Wedge of onion left in one Piece (I can’t tolerate much Onion, so I Used about a 4cm x 2cm Wedge)
– 1 d of ground cloves
– 1 d of salt
– Some water
– 1/2 lb Or so herbed tofu, cubed (about 1.5 cm cubes)
– Your favorite pasta, enough
For two servings
Melt margarine in pan and wisk in flour. Cool a bit and then wisk in wine and (soy)milk. Add onion, cloves, and salt to sauce and stir over low heat until sauce is slightly thickened. If it gets too thick, add some water. Add tofu and simmer while you cook the pasta. Serve tofu and sauce over pasta, giving the onion to the person who likes them more.
Recipe by: MasterCook
Sauteed Firm Tofu
Serving Size : 4
– 24 oz Firm tofu
– 2 tb Oil
– 1/2 ts Salt
– 1 sm Onions — sliced thin
– 6 md Mushrooms — sliced
– 1 sm Carrot — cut into matchsticks
– 2 md Peppers, bell, green -sliced thin
– 1 tb Sake
– 1 1/2 tb Soy sauce
– 1 t Ginger — grated
– 1 tb Sugar, granulated
– 1 tb water
– 1 t Cornstarch — dissolved in 3 T water
Cut tofu crosswise into pieces the shape of French-fried potatoes. Heat a wok, coat with oil & sprinkle on the salt. Add onion, then the mushrooms, stir frying each over high heat for about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add carrot, green pepper & tofu in that order, sauteeing each for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low & add sake, soy sauce, ginger, sugar & water. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in dissolved cornstarch & simmer 30 seconds for another 30 seconds. Shurtleff & Aoyagi, “The Book of Tofu”
Recipe by: MasterCook
Stir-Fried Asian Tofu
Serving Size : 4
– 8 oz firm tofu, — drained and weighted for 30 minutes
– 1/2 ts grated tangerine or lemon zest
– 2 TB orange juice
– Salt and pepper
– 2 TB hoisin sauce
– 1 TB rice wine vinegar
– 1 TB low sodium soy sauce 1/2 ts sugar
– 1 ts cornstarch
– 1 TB each vegetable and sesame oil
– 1 lg clove garlic, — minced Quarter-size piece fresh ginger, — minced
– 4 oz mushrooms, — stemmed and thinly sliced mushrooms
– 3 c 3/4-inch broccoli florets
– Salt and crushed red pepper
Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch squares and marinate in citrus zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. Combine hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch; reserve for later. In a 12-inch skillet heat vegetable and sesame oils until very hot. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 10 seconds. Add mushrooms and broccoli, some water, cover and steam for 2 minutes or until mushrooms and broccoli begin to get tender. Add tofu. Stir hoisin sauce to recombine cornstarch and add to skillet. Cover and simmer 30 seconds to a minute to thicken. Season with salt and crushed red pepper.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe by: Master Cook